JwWright57

Well Known Member
Anyone else having issues getting all the pieces for the finish kit? I ordered mine July 5th and AM STILL WAITING for some pieces! It's getting ridiculous. I called Vans today (they never seem to send parts in stock unless I nag them) and now the nose wheel wont be in until mid February and who knows about the other bits....

It's the third time I've been waiting a significant amount of time during my build and I am way past frustrated.

This is the one aspect I never took into consideration when i was evaluating the different kits to build. In hindsight I wouldn't have picked a 12 to build knowing this.

There's got to be more to your story. I've had nothing but exceptional service from Van's, be it large orders (RV12 kits) or small (bits & pieces, fasteners, etc) ... will be ordering final kit (avionics) & flying soon :)

Here is my finish kit time line;

Initial kit lead time 12 weeks (which I planned for)

called about week 13 since i had heard absolutely nothing and was given another 5 weeks due to back ordered parts.

Called about 7 weeks later (still nothing from Vans) and was told they missing parts would be in stock in 2 weeks.

Called back 3 weeks later (still no parts). Got Vans to send me what they had, so at least I could get something going....First day working on the finish kit 12/15/19.

So about about 25 weeks ish before I had any parts at all.....