jamescone

Well Known Member
So that everyone does not have to call Van's to report shortages, I got the following from Gus at Van's when I reported a wire not called out for installation.

12 FIN SHORTAGES/ERRORS So far 3/23/2009 Added to kit

If you have a 12 Finish kit guy with shortages, he is likely to need all these parts

Quantity Part #

1 AN816-4D Not enough in kit Y
1 AN823-4D Not enough in kit Y
2 ES 25 PIN Backshells None in kit
1 ES 37 PIN BACKSHELLS None in kit
25 RIVET AD-43H None in kit
25 RIVET AK-43H None in kit
10 ES 421-0108 Not enough in kit
1 WIRE AP SERVO 85 Was 70" - too short
4 MS21256-1 Barrel Lock Clips
2 AN737TW-66 Not in kit
1 EA HOSE H177 Not in kit Y
2 AN737TW-24 Not in kit Y
8 AN4-16A Axle attach bolts. 20A too long Y
1 HEADSET ISO WASHERS Daryl has these
2 ES RS 49-496 Not in kit Y
1 MS21919-DG14 Not enough in kit Y

Sounds like Van's has a few "growing pains" re: the finish kits. That's why the rest of us really appreciate you "pioneers" out there blazing the trail for us!

You can also add the plastic tube (PT 1/4" OD x 0.25") as required on Page 30-02 to the list.

And per Jim Cone the AN832-4D Union and the AN924-4D Nut used to hook up the fuel return line at the firewall is NOT included in the finishing kit. In fact, I cannot find this installation in the plans. One union and nut is supplied but they are used for fuel tank assembly.

You can also add the plastic tube (PT 1/4" OD x 0.25") as required on Page 30-02 to the list.

And per Jim Cone the AN832-4D Union and the AN924-4D Nut used to hook up the fuel return line at the firewall is NOT included in the finishing kit. In fact, I cannot find this installation in the plans. One union and nut is supplied but they are used for fuel tank assembly.

I have an extensive supply of aircraft parts and so I just took one from there. I also found some wires that did not have the pins needed to install into the D-sub connectors. Again, I had a supply of pins and the tool to install them, but I sent a note to Gus at Van's telling him of the shortage. There were a couple of other glitches that I found with the wiring that I sent to Van's, so they should be comming out with an answer for those and I will post them when they reply.

There were a couple of other glitches that I found with the wiring that I sent to Van's, so they should be comming out with an answer for those and I will post them when they reply.

Jim,

Did you get a reply on the couple of other glitches that you found with the wiring? That is, if you have not posted them yet. Would like to compare notes.

Last edited:
Jim,

Did you get a reply on the couple of other glitches that you found with the wiring? That is, if you have not posted them yet. Would like to compare notes.

Marty,

I made a post on 3-30-09 that answered your question. Search my posts to find it.