Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
Wow! When did they start doing this? I'm going to have to look at this thing for months and months and months! The photo color is fairly accurate, both of my cowling halves are Pepto-Bismol Pink. I'm still excited to have the finish kit--just wasn't expecting a pink cowling.

217323571-L.jpg

Cheerio,
G

LOL -- I suspect we'll be seeing fewer first flights without paint (or at least primer) on the cowl. Pink is not manly enough for most RVers, I imagine...

RE:Done Deal

Guy

Great color if you call your airplane the pink panther......just think you won't have to paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Frank @ sgu RV7A Baffling: three weeks on an anticipated 3 day project!

If they started suppling cowls without pinholes, I wouldn't care what color they were.

I bet Guy primes that cowl pretty soon <g>. And everyone else for that matter :).

b,
d

The surface does look very smooth in the picture. I wonder if it does have fewer pinholes.

April 1st

Oh, that finish kit got shipped early. It was supposed to arrive on April 1st.

What about the rest of us!?

I'm going to have to look at this thing for months and months and months!

And if you don't paint before you fly we'll ALL have to look at the dang thing at fly-ins....You might get voted off the airport pretty quick...:p

I agree with Doug...Primer....soon....in large quantities!!:eek:

Last month Penny and I stopped at Van's for the tour. All the cowls were pink. I told Ken that would get a lot of people to paint soon. New vendor he said.

Last two weeks have been big for us. Ordered and receive an RV7 tail kit. Ordered and received tools. Sold our F33A we have flown 5500 hours in the last 24 years. Last night both of us squeezed rivets. Sounds like a lifestyle change in the works, eh?

Sam James's business is going to pick up. Not only do you go faster, but you won't be known as the guy with the girly airplane. There was an airplane with a hot pink paint scheme that showed up today. All the guys were having fun behind the poor owner's back.

Thank you Van's Aircraft !!

It's nice to see that we're spending money with a company that supports Breast Cancer Awareness (whether they know it or not). I personally would be proud to wear the pink cowl until I was ready to paint. :p

Wow! When did they start doing this? I'm going to have to look at this thing for months and months and months! The photo color is fairly accurate, both of my cowling halves are Pepto-Bismol Pink. I'm still excited to have the finish kit--just wasn't expecting a pink cowling.

217323571-L.jpg

Cheerio,
G

Yeah - Vetterman is now making exhaust stacks to fit this cowl:

hello-kitty-exhaust.thumbnail.jpg

Perhaps you should paint your Ferrari to match?

_hello_kitty_ferrari.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Usually I'll paint any RV any color as long as the money is green but nobody gets A Hello Kitty scheme.

Should make it easier to get the wife to believe that you are building the plane for her... now honey why else would I have gotten pink?
Todd Crowl

Another pink one here

Once he is flying he will have to fly separate from the rest of us. I suspect that we can convince him to prime it before it is put on the plane.

Hey Brian. When you can put down one of your three meals between lunch and dinner...prime that cowl.

I toured the Vans factory last month, Joe Blank told me they had changed some products in the fabrication process due to allergies to the workers.