kevinh

Well Known Member
Hi ya'll,

I gather that many of us have iPhone/Android/other smart phones. If you are going to OSH, what do you think about using Google Latitude so we can find each other as we are camping/walking around http://www.google.com/latitude/intro.html ?

I understand some might have privacy concerns, but your information is only shared with folks youve listed (by default). I'm going to OSH - if you'd like to share your location with me I'm [email protected] (I'll happily reciprocate)

Ditto.... I use my gmail account quite a bit, so I'd like to keep it off the public board. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my address.

I also keep Google Talk running too, for a IM on the run.

Phil

Keep your VAF hat on... ;-)

Doug,
any chance the next hat design will be more of a "campaign hat"? (With a brim all the way around for sun protection) Like the one Marines wear in the desert... Soft so you can stuff it in a backpack... ?

Just hoping.. <BG>

Last edited:
LTM6 airflow will work nicely ;-)
Great site!

Are there VAF patches we can buy and sew on ourselves? My flight bag could use one too... ;-)

I'll be there...

Interested to see how this works.

troy (dot) millican (at) gmail (dot) com

Where do I go to upload a photo? I see David and Kevin's photos. Mine just has the little silhouette guy. I think I've chosen every menu option looking for a "edit picture" or "edit profile" page. No luck.

Thanks,
Troy

Last edited:
Where do I go to upload a photo? I see David and Kevin's photos. Mine just has the little silhouette guy. I think I've chosen every menu option looking for a "edit picture" or "edit profile" page. No luck.

Thanks,
Troy

Same problem. Can not find the photo upload. Is it a photo you already have listed in your contacts list?

Harrumph.

I was gonna play, but when I bring up latitude on my iPhone, only a blank page shows up. I've tried several avenues to reach latitude, but nothing works. Sorry.

Follow up

Just curious: did anyone actually find anyone else using this "google latitude"?
I pulled it up once on the first Sunday, and saw two other people were somewhere in town. After that, I was so busy every moment of the day, I never even thought of it again.

Just curious: did anyone actually find anyone else using this "google latitude"?
I pulled it up once on the first Sunday, and saw two other people were somewhere in town. After that, I was so busy every moment of the day, I never even thought of it again.

me too ;-)

Kind of embarrassing

Yep, I was loaded for bear as well, but then never even opened the app.

Maybe we should just do some kind of get-together. Maybe get a couple of camping spots in Camp Scholler on a Wednesday or Thursday evening, get a couple of coolers with chilled beverages, and just hang out.

We could call it "Piece of Grass 2011"!