jahoosafat

Hi - First time poster and new private pilot with experience in C172s and Cherokees only (and soon a Tobago TB200). I'm in a club currently building hours, but will eventually buy a plane. I'm not interested in / capable of building from a kit (though I admire you folks that are), but I think the RV10 fits my mission well. From what I've read, it has nice stable characteristics, a low stall speed, and short takeoff/landing distances - not to mention speed and payload capacity. But since I've never flown one, what do I know, right? My question is: what are my options for finding / going up with an RV owner (preferably a 10) somewhere near DC where I live? I would think that would be the first step before potentially going out to Oregon for more formal RV flight training. Any info/thoughts are appreciated!

Jeff

Jeff,
I'd be happy to take you up. I'm based at Manassas (KHEF). We also have a very active EAA chapter there (Chapter 186). I'm right in the middle of doing my Condition Inspection, but you are more than welcome to come out and take a look and ask as many questions as you like. Then once I've got it back to together we can take a hop if you like.