FlyQXCRJ

Howdy--

Does anyone have any recommendations on who to get a loan from for building a RV? Perhaps more importantly, who to avoid?

Thanks,

I had really good luck with AOPA's aircraft financing when I purchased my 182. I do believe they finance homebuilts as well. It's worth a call. :D

NAFCO

Thats who I am using.
Talk to Jim Jansen, he is a great guy and they have good rates and good plans.

1-800-999-3712

-Jeff

Nafco

NAFCO was very helpful to me. They even applied for and got my N#. There are various ways to handle the down payment. I basically bought the airframe kit and they sent a check for the engine and avionics which was my loan amount. I was real surprised that I could get a loan for an airplane that was basically 100's of parts, yet to be assembled. One thing to think about is that at the time of my loan they would only finance certified engines; ie. lycomings. That may have changed in the last 3 years. Good Luck, Jack

Try a home equity loan

You can deduct the interest while building an asset.

One builder on this list built his airframe out of pocket then took a loan against the airframe, based on the number of hours he put into it, to finance his engine.

Me? My goal is to build my -9 totally out of cash flow with no loan so I don't have to pay off the airplane laon at the same time I paying for a hanger and insurance.