negearth

Sure, we've all seen it before, but this is my empennage kit! Very very stoked- wish me luck!

000_0101.jpg

Also, I want to say "thanks" to Doug Hull in Volo, IL for showing me the basics of tool-use about a year ago. Many thanks, Doug!

Keep it a 7A, unless it's an 8. :) Eights are best as tail draggers & painted military..

L.Adamson --- RV6A-- painted military anyway

Very Stoked

I just finished my tail a couple of days ago. I learned the following:

1) They can pack alot of parts into that box.
2) The quality of this kit is almost too good to be true.
3) If it doesn't fit........stop, you're doing something wrong. See comment 2.
4) I think this might be the greatest project I ever started.
5) I'm just as stoked as the day I started.

I hope you have as much fun as everyone here. Good luck!!

5) I'm just as stoked as the day I started.

If you stand back and look at what you accomplished every so often you will remain "stoked" through out the build. Dwell on the accomplishments of what you completed or problems/issues you solved. Very rewarding even 3 years into a 6 year process.
Once flying you will be "stoked" every time you think about flying.

Thanks for the kind words, all. This is a major milestone in life for me, and I'm glad I can share the excitement with you all! Please stand by for a list of questions... :D

Good going. The journy begins. Make it a 7 Slider. Better still an 8!!

Last edited:
I agree

Keep it a 7A, unless it's an 8. :) Eights are best as tail draggers & painted military..

L.Adamson --- RV6A-- painted military anyway

I completely agree with you concerning the RV-8. Now, If I could just convince my friend and neighbor to go with a WWII paint scheme. He has just completed one of the nicest RV-8 in the country. It has its pink slip, and is cleared to fly. The plastic parts are all filled, premiered, and ready for top coat, the rest is shinny metal.

Last edited:
let those of us who have the money but haven't yet ordered their empennage kit know when you receive it, just so we can gauge timing :)

Congratulations!! I started my emp 3 yrs ago and I'll never forget the feeling I had the day I brought it home. I'm still just as stoked! This project has one great milestone after another, and they keep getting better.

Keep posting and let us know how it's going, okay?

Oh, btw, there's nothing wrong with a 7A Tip-up!

Last edited:
gimp2x-

It took Van's about a week and a half to get the emp kit to my door. Very nice packaging, no damage- but they were supposed to ship to my workplace, and instead I had to go to the FedEx depot and pick it up after hours (they shipped to my home address!). Minor complaint, and who cares? It's in the shop now ;)