gpiney

Well Known Member
Well, over the past few weeks I had just been going to the shop and just looking at the HS. I was at the point where I was to rivet the Skin to the Skeleton. I was Nervous. I was Afraid. I wanted it to be done 'as perfect as my ability would allow'.

I probably bucked only 100-150 rivets prior to this project. These were done at local EAA workshops and a couple of practice panels I made up.

Last weekend I visited the project of a friend. He offered to come to the shop an give me a hand to get me started again. He told me that I should just bite the bullet and do 3-4 rivets. Then call him to come over and take a look.

Well, last night I 'bit the bullet' and bucked my first three rivets. They came out real good. So good that I continued on and nearly finished skinning the left HS. Didn't have to drill any out. I'm a Happy Boy! :)

The HS will be done by Sunday.

Good Job!

It is intimidating looking at those skins thinking, can I really do this...

After it is done you stand back and say, that wasn't that bad.

Way to go!

My wife even got in on the action for my HS. I never thought she could do it but she ended up being a better bucker than I was on the HS.

YES!

Outta sight Brian,
With a little imagination and since your wife is interested, you could turn this endeavor into some quality time with her bucking or driving the rivets. Say stuff like "Look what WE did tonight".

steady as she goes

be sure on every one... especially after leaving and coming back. things like airpressure have a way of changing. :rolleyes: oh thats right i did buck 1/8 inch rivets last. :eek: