danielhv

Well Known Member
So last night I open the fuselage box for the first time. I was like a kid on Christmas morning tearing open presents. It was kind of neat seeing all the individually packed subkits, and as I open them it was like a new surprise each time. :)* flap motor, sweet!* Seats, cool!* Air duct kit, awesome!

It's so much more fun taking everything out of the crate in subkits than it is opening each subkit to inventory! Ack!

Keep at it! The fuselage was by FAR the most enjoyable part of the project for me. Not to say that there weren't frustrations along the way though.

There are many fun milestones (connecting the tail to the center section, rolling the canoe, sitting in it for the first time!). It's neat knowing that you're building the part you will actually sit in. It's also less tedious IMHO. You won't have endless stacks of identical ribs to do, and for the most part there aren't two of everything as with the wings.

I also found out why the fuse kit is so expensive... its to replace all the trees used to provide the mountain of packing paper!!! :D

might want to check and see if the AA6- 187x2x2 1/2x 12 is really the thickness the plans call for. i got some pieces that were not the right thickness

jealous of you daniel, slider? nosewheel? details??

i'm about to order my fuse since the left wing is nearly done