danielhv

Well Known Member
Another small step towards opening my airplane factory. Only took me a week!! At this rate, I'll have an RV built about the time I retire. Guess that wouldnt be so bad... except Im only 25. :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good...

Not put your collage sound system in there, order the tail kit, and get started!!!! :p

You'll also need.......

Don't forget the ever-important beer fridge and a good TV for watching football :D

Looks like some great lighting! What model are you building?

Mike

Im going for a 7A... and the lighting is excellent! The lights were $19.99 a peice from lowes. I definately have the brightest garage in the neighborhood... When I have the garage door open at night it lights up the house across the street! :D

Another small step towards opening my airplane factory. Only took me a week!! At this rate, I'll have an RV built about the time I retire. Guess that wouldnt be so bad... except Im only 25. :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yeah, I've been trying to run power to my shed for a couple of days now.... Nothing seems to work out right. Even then, it's a 10'X12' building. Maybe enough room to build the emp, but that's it. :rolleyes: Oh well, by the time I can order the rest of the kit, I'll probably be living in a larger house with a garage.:D Like you, I hope to be done before I retire. I'm 25 also.....:eek:

You're garage looks great!!!

Need to paint over the overhead door

Daniel,

You need to paint the area over the overhead door. Also the overhead door isn't insulated for winter work. And the motocross bike could pay for a EFIS.

All kidding aside, the garage is looking good. The flourscent overhead lights with white walls will work great for you. Enjoy.

Daniel,

You need to paint the area over the overhead door. Also the overhead door isn't insulated for winter work. And the motocross bike could pay for a EFIS.

All kidding aside, the garage is looking good. The flourscent overhead lights with white walls will work great for you. Enjoy.

Yea, I ran outta paint on the sprayer and didnt leave enough to brush or roll that part above the door... It'll be done tho! As far as insulating the door... any ideas/suggestions? And the dirt bike idea.... never thought of that! I might have to consider it since I hardly ever ride it! :)

<snip> As far as insulating the door... any ideas/suggestions? And the dirt bike idea.... never thought of that! I might have to consider it since I hardly ever ride it! :)

I would use the styrofoam insulation that comes in 4'X8' sheets. They come in different thickness and colors. (Pink and Blue) acording to their R-value I think. Just cut them a little big vertically and CAREFULLY bend it to get it behind the flange on the door panels. Or cut it to fit and use something like "liquid nails" to glue it to the door.

I had to sell my prized tricked out 4X4 fourwheeler to by the truck I'm driving now. I hardly ever rode it anymore.... Hated to see it go but sacrafices must be made...:rolleyes: I'm sure I'll make many more before I see a completed -8 in my garage......that I don't have yet...:eek:

Another 25 year old guy here hoping to finish building by retirement! Good luck with your build. I sold my prized 1991 Honda Beat (Japan-only car, only one of seven in the USA) to start my build - ouch! Sacrifices though...

Lighting tip

A neighbor in my airpark turned me on to something he discovered regarding the fluorescent lighting. He discovered that if you purchase the tubes that are labeled "bathroom or kitchen," the lighting will be dramatically improved. I'm picking up some today. I always wondered why his hangar was brighter with the same fixtures.

insulating metal garage doors?

As far as insulating the door... any ideas/suggestions?

Try using the white "bead" board (R 3.78 per inch) to insulate your door, it's cheaper (ie: half the price) and you're only giving up 1.2 R value.It's also reflects white, much better choice than blue(SM brand R-5 per inch) or pink(Celfort brand) Bond it with PL300 or typical glue.(Liquid Nail's solvent is too hot, it could melt (burn) the foam loosing the bond...good luck!