Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Well it?s been a long road that lead to a house on a runway ? I spent many years on a canal with boats and water toys, which was fun, but it wasn?t aviation ? but yesterday the moving truck left and my old place was empty ? so I guess I am living at Polly Ranch (7XS0) now! This morning I got up with the sun, walked the dog, then pushed open the hangar doors for a little aviating ? about as early as I have ever done (without a real early wake-up and a drive to the airport)?.it?s nice to know that not only don?t the neighbors mind the sound of a Lycoming first thing in the morning ? it?s what they enjoy as well! The sky was blue and the air smooth, almost as if it didn?t know that it would get hazy, hot and bumpy later on.

I guess a grass runway with fresh dew might make it just a tad bit better, but it also leads to more clean-up after the flight, so I?ll take the pavement, a short run, and off with the hangars and houses flashing by, then below as I pull up in to the morning sky! Off for some fuel and a little aerobatics along the way ? yup, this is living! I can?t wait until Louise gets done with her exile in Washington and joins me here at the new estate ? she owns this dream as much as I do, and it seems almost wrong to enjoy it so much without her. For now, I send her pictures and keep her in the loop, and try not to gloat. Karst (the dog) and I will hold down the fort until she gets here.

In the late afternoon, I got a call from my old friend and former hangar landlord at my old field (about 4 miles away) ? the cover had blown off the boat I keep over there, and he thought I should get by and add some rope before another storm really tore it up. I said I?d hop on the bike and be right there, but as I was grabbing my helmet, I realized that I was going to an airport, and the airplane was right there beside me! Six minutes later, I was in the pattern for landing at the other field. Now THAT might be something to gloat over?..:)

This RV living just keeps getting better and better - there is no way we could find a more perfect all-around airplane that is as affordable to keep. And airport living without a plane would just be cruel....

Paul

Paul, I don't think it can get better than that. Some day I'm gonna fly down from OKC and make some IO360 noise in your neighborhood :)

Well it?s been a long road that lead to a house on a runway ? I spent many years on a canal with boats and water toys, which was fun, but it wasn?t aviation ? but yesterday the moving truck left and my old place was empty ? so I guess I am living at Polly Ranch (7XS0) now! This morning I got up with the sun, walked the dog, then pushed open the hangar doors for a little aviating ? about as early as I have ever done (without a real early wake-up and a drive to the airport)?.it?s nice to know that not only don?t the neighbors mind the sound of a Lycoming first thing in the morning ? it?s what they enjoy as well! The sky was blue and the air smooth, almost as if it didn?t know that it would get hazy, hot and bumpy later on.

I guess a grass runway with fresh dew might make it just a tad bit better, but it also leads to more clean-up after the flight, so I?ll take the pavement, a short run, and off with the hangars and houses flashing by, then below as I pull up in to the morning sky! Off for some fuel and a little aerobatics along the way ? yup, this is living! I can?t wait until Louise gets done with her exile in Washington and joins me here at the new estate ? she owns this dream as much as I do, and it seems almost wrong to enjoy it so much without her. For now, I send her pictures and keep her in the loop, and try not to gloat. Karst (the dog) and I will hold down the fort until she gets here.

In the late afternoon, I got a call from my old friend and former hangar landlord at my old field (about 4 miles away) ? the cover had blown off the boat I keep over there, and he thought I should get by and add some rope before another storm really tore it up. I said I?d hop on the bike and be right there, but as I was grabbing my helmet, I realized that I was going to an airport, and the airplane was right there beside me! Six minutes later, I was in the pattern for landing at the other field. Now THAT might be something to gloat over?..:)

This RV living just keeps getting better and better - there is no way we could find a more perfect all-around airplane that is as affordable to keep. And airport living without a plane would just be cruel....

Paul

It's kind of funny you posted this.
Yesterday my 13 yr. old duaghter & I flew the 9A out to Weatherford, OK from 2OK2, the private airpark we live on. A few minutes after leveling off for curise, she got kind of a little grin on her face. I ask her what she was thinking, & she said "this is so cool to just go fly whenever we want to in our own airplane." It's actually my brother's plane, but he hangers it at my house, & I fly it when I want.:D

You're absolutely right. IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER.

Marshall Alexander
RV10 N781DM
fuse/cabin top