DevDad

Well Known Member
I am proud to say that Sarah and I have signed a lease on a little 3/2/2 in the area, so I'll be able to get the workshop going, and get my emp kit ordered, tools ordered, etc. The best part is that it is about $500 a month less than what we are paying now, so I'll be able to throw some extra cash at the project each month!

We move in December 1st, and I'll be able to get everything ordered before the end of the year, avoiding the price increases, and most importantly, avoiding more and more delays! It's taken a few years of dreaming and waiting, but now the fun begins!

Mike

Congrats!

You are going to go from the guy who was looking to help local builders, to the guy who has ME wanting to come help with his project. My wife and I decided to pay off my truck and become debt-free ('cept for the mortgage) before taking on the RV project. I'm hoping to hand over my emp order form at Sun 'n Fun in April. After stopping by their tent for the past 5 years, I think it will be a rite of passage of sorts. I digress. Congrats again on getting one step closer.

You are going to go from the guy who was looking to help local builders, to the guy who has ME wanting to come help with his project. My wife and I decided to pay off my truck and become debt-free ('cept for the mortgage) before taking on the RV project. I'm hoping to hand over my emp order form at Sun 'n Fun in April. After stopping by their tent for the past 5 years, I think it will be a rite of passage of sorts. I digress. Congrats again on getting one step closer.

Ryan,

It's funny that you mention that. This weekend, I went to a local EAA chapter meeting, and then went with a builder, and helped him finish up the leading edge of one of his wings. It totally made me realize that getting started is the biggest step in the whole project. I am comfortable working out the finances as things move forward, as long as I have something to do out in the garage. With that said, the new house is in Trinity, about 6 miles from the Suncoast. When I get everything ordered, and set up (I would imagine I'll get moving in late January), you are more than welcome to come hang out, and see if we can get this thing started. ;)

Mike

Congratulations!

I inventoried my tail kit last week. I need to run the wires on some shop lights, but should begin the project in earnest next week.

You're right, ordering the kit provides a lot of momentum. I put a piece of tape across the door to the shop (was garage) on Sunday to keep me out of it until tomorrow night. It hasn't worked very well...

Hope to meet you Tampa folks at Sun-n-fun. I have several long time friends in that area, and I hope to volunteer at the event a bit next spring.

Cheers,

-ty