John F

I have a CS cowl received from Vans in 1995. An 0-320 with Airflow performance injector and I was planning on using VAN's filtered airbox. Way back when I got this engine, cowl, injector and airbox I was told that it was a combination that work. It sure looks like it is not going to. Not enough room in there and the inlet looks to be a couple of inches higher than it ought to be. I just noticed this and have only been scratching my head for an hour or two. Anyone have this set up? Anyone have ideas. I suppose I will have to cut off the scoop and mold in a new one.

Had the same problem. Cut off the scoop and replaced with FAB-6-SCOOP-320-1. Vans, catalog under engine and acc.

Bruce RV 9A

OOP-320-1 from vans. Listed under engine and acc.

Air Box Installation

If this is an up draft installation, make sure you installed the approach clamp ring with the radiused part inside the box. The 4 mounting screws (1/4-20 X 3/8) go in from the top (outside) of the box. On 320 installations the intermediate plate that is used with the carb is not used. The air filter is held against the top of the air box plate (oval plate) with the bottom of the fiberglass air box (like the 360 installation). If all else fails read your manual. There's pictures of this installation on the first page of Appendix "C". If that doesn't work give me a call.

Don