R

Rutus

After the recent extended thread on supplemental O2 use, I opted for Darwin Barrie's suggestion, and rolled my own at very reasonable cost. But now the challenge: where to get that new D size cylinder filled? The welding supply shops don't want to deal with it and/or need 2 weeks, and the medical supply folks seem to use the exchange bottle system and are wary of some guy just wanting to fill his own.:rolleyes:

The FBO at Bremerton, my home field, does not fill oxygen bottles.

Short of heading off to some place like Boeing Field, or buying a transfiller setup and renting a big tank from the welding supply shop, does anyone have any tips for where to get this filled easily, at reasonable cost?:confused:

Olympia - KOLM

Thanks for the tip, Carl. I stopped in a Regal for some pilot supplies last winter when the RV was being painted next door at Sunquest, so I know where they are.

Also, per Airnav two of the FBOs at Olympia (KOLM) appear to have O2 service, so I may give them a call too and see what they offer.

Fortunately, this is not the kind of thing I would need to refill on a frequent basis. If I do have that need, it will only be because I am getting to do LOTS of XC flying across the mountains. . . .in which case I can live with the inconvenience:)