decathlon737

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Guys, after using high build primer (PPG K38) on my fiberglass parts and sanding coat after coat to get out last remaining imperfections and pinholes, a friend of mine in the body shop business turned me on to an amazing product. Evercoat makes a product called Slicksand which is a extremely high build primer that will hide most pinholes in a couple of coats, it block sands as easily as any primer and has an amazing ability to stay down and not allow imperfections to re appear weeks later. It is actually mixed with peroxide just like vinyl resins as a hardener. It is about 1/3rd the price of PPG K38 also. You will need a 1.8 - 2.0 fluid tip to spray it unthinned. Can be thinned but doesn't hide quite as well. Try some, I promise it will cut time off you parts preparation. I'm painting a RV 9 at the moment and man I wish I had this stuff on my 8. My 2 cents and worth every penny ;).

Ok

I am at that point now. Mind if i ask where you located it? Standard at auto shops? Are there aerosol cans for the little jobs or no?

Don't think aerosol would spray a product this thick. You should be able to find it at any auto paint supplier that carry Evercoat products.