Av8torTom

Well Known Member
What are people doing here? Obviously the trailing edge of the fiberglass elevator tip is too think to match the trailing edge of the elevator. Should I sand it down so it's closer to the thickness of the trailing edge?

elevatortip.jpg

Tom it looks like you need to grind it down a bit. The quality of fiberglass parts varies a lot from kit to kit. I would suggest to leave finishing the tips till fitting the tail to the fuse. It will be much easier to do it everything will be nice and level and sturdy couple feet from the ground.

I agree

I wasn't intending on fitting them now, just thinking ahead. Looks like it will take a fair amount of grinding and I'll have to fill the inside or else there will be nothing left. They're also a bit too long as you can see from the photo.

T.

I don't have my plans in front of me here, but I thought you were instructed to put a notch in the fiberglass at that point. My elevators have the AEX wedge go all the way to the end of the trailing edge.

fg elervator tips

Tom, You need to notch the tips 5/8" from the end X approximately1/2" as per photos if Ican figure out how to post them. I'll try to email them.