Brambo

Well Known Member
In the process of getting the engine hung, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about each part of the engine. I have a Lycoming IO-360-M1B which comes with a Bendix Fuel Injection system. I haven't been able to find any documentation about the FI Manifold (picture below). There is a fuel line going in, and another open port (with a red cap on). Can anyone tell me what this is for?

worklog_image_popup.php

Bill Rambo
RV-7A

You can take fuel pressure off of that but isn't worth it. Best thing to do with it is cap it off. That's the flow divider.

I beg to differ, its the best place to take fuel pressure from. Anywhere else and you're not getting the whole story.
Pete

That fitting supplies metered fuel pressure. This is a fairly low value and is a lesser pressure then what comes out of the engine driven fuel pump. The pressure here isn't normally monitored as pressure, but rather it is used to supply fuel flow information to a pressure type fuel flow gauge. That is it normally drives a pressure gage that is calibrated in gals per hour or pounds an hour. Most do cap it off, if not driving a pressure type fuel flow gauge.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."