Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
I have the stock Lycoming IO-260 w/ Precision Airmotive fuel injection system. The "spider" had what looked like an "extra" output fitting, which is really a restrictor fitting. I changed it out for a brass plug, but am now wondering...should I leave in the restrictor and cap it? Or take it out and plug it?

I'm a bit leery of just using a cap on a restrictor, given the criticality of the FI divider itself...

Thoughts? Recommendations? (Yeah, I could call PA tomorrow, but just thought I'd ask tonight while working on the plane...)

TIA!

Steve-a-reno

Gauge port

The port on the flow divider marked "GAGE" was used for a old style fuel flow gauge. This measures nozzle back pressure from the nozzle port adjacent to the gauge port. A simple pressure gauge was used to relate nozzle back pressure to fuel flow. Since most planes now have electronic flow meters this port can be plugged with a 1/8" pipe plug.

Don

Thanks, Don...that was my problem...it wasn't marked anything! :) Either that, or my eyes are aging faster than I thought, but I didn't see any markings on it.

Removed and plugged...onward!

Steve