Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
I did a search, but couldn't really find a good thread that summarized the info...

I need to replace one of the fuel lines on the engine, to insert the Red Cube into it. Thus, I need to order two new, shorter hoses. Fair enough and easily done, but...

Good God, there are a lot of options for hoses! So what's the scoop on what's used for what? I see, just from ACS,

Aeroquip 303
Aeroquip 666
Aeroquip 601
Aeroquip 466
Stratoflex 124
Stratoflex 125
Stratoflex 156

AAAAARRRRGHHH! I'm sure I'll get as many opinions on what to use as the list I just made here, but thought it'd be worth asking :). What's "the right" hose for something like fuel injection servo to spider?

TIA...and hopefully, I didn't start a flame war :)

Steve

you are--

going to get many differnent opinions, Steve! For what my 2 cents are worth, short runs of 303 hose are fairly stiff. If you have a 6 inch assembly, then you really have only about 2.75 inches of free hose for movement. Teflon is alittle more flexible, but more costly, especially 124, 666, or 466 hose. I guess what I'm saying is it depends on your application.
Tom

Also installing fuel flow sensor

Hey Steve,
Needing to do the exact same thing, and had been dreading it as there seemed to be a lot of choices out there. I had meant these guys at the Reno Air races www.aircrafthose.com, so I gave them a call this morning. Very knowledgeable people told them I needed two fuel hoses, he asked the lengths, and told me I need this type of hose and these kinds of fittings and I should see everything in a few days. Done!

Don?t do what I did the first time and install the fuel flow sensor to close to the electric fuel pump!

What was the problem you had with the fuel flow sensor being close to the pump? Is this a fuel injected or carb?

What was the problem you had with the fuel flow sensor being close to the pump? Is this a fuel injected or carb?

It would read 2 to 4 gallons more per hour with the electric fuel pump on. I had it just on the other side of the gascelator, so my other problem may have been that I didn't have enough straight fuel line before it. Though it was quite accurate on long flights that I didn't use the fuel pump much, and you would see an obvious 2 to 4 gallons more per hour when you turned on the electric fuel pump. Its a carb setup