[email protected]

Well Known Member
With the beast in the paint shop for the past several weeks I am dragging deeper and deeper into the RV blues...

I want my airplane back!

thebeastincolor.jpg

One of the reason I had to paint first. I knew the withdrawals would be a killer. I can't hardly make it between days off.

Hang in there, just think of the end game.

We're finally out of the snow and ice here, so I'll go out to the paint shop Monday and get you some pictures of the progress!

Hang tough :).

Stephen, I like the striaght lines, it makes our short airplanes look longer and sleeker. Good choice!

Ahhh....the paint shop blues.....I remember sitting on our local park bench, sailing my R/C sailboat almost every evening for that month. I'm not sure the boat has been back in the water since the plane came out of the paint shop! ;)

Yesterday morning I plugged the oil sump heater in, thinking I might fly to Pueblo for breakfast. Then decided no. Just don't feel like flying there.

Later I vacuumed the seat pan area, put the passenger seat in, put my spare tires, tools, etc in the back. Put the baggage area cover back on. Checked the tire pressures. Replaced a headset jack nut that fell off. Assumed that the dislodged jack might touch metal and cause problems.

Now it is all ready to fly when something comes up.

Paint shop blues? I had that! Try this on for withdrawal symptoms; mine was in the shop for one week shy of 4 months and it still ain't right, needs to go back for touch-up work. Ouch.

Paint shop blues? I had that! Try this on for withdrawal symptoms; mine was in the shop for one week shy of 4 months and it still ain't right, needs to go back for touch-up work. Ouch.

Whoa! Bixby's getting his plane painted?!?!?:rolleyes:

Well....

... what about finding a fellow RV'er and help him out for a few weeks? That'll make you both happy. ;)

Or you could order a couple of toolboxes and complete them...? :) They'll be nice to have when the plane is done...

Or the very best idea of them all; order the tailfeathers for your next RV and start on them! (deep down inside of you, you know you'll build another one when this one is done... :D)

PS: very cool scheme! Looking forward to see pics of your plane when the painting is done!
Could you post a drawing of the scheme of the wings too?

Last edited:
Stephen,

I've been wondering what kind of paint scheme you had come up with. Thanks for posting a preview! It's gorgeous! When's it supposed to be ready for you?