FC-10

I have one in my RV-6, I installed it and it works as advertised! It is a good deal. Plus the owner of the company is a RV guy too. I had never had a fuel totalizer before and really like having one now! Good reminder to LEAN when you look down and see the fuel flow number.

Doing some research and in researching the FC-10 I came across a comment that said to the effect that the FC-10 Fuel used is reset each time it is powered on. Can someone confirm/clarify a statement like that?

Seems most fuel computers DO NOT reset any of the values until you tell it that you added fuel. Or at least we would all want the FUEL REMAINING to stay until such time that we ADD FUEL and then we tell it how much fuel we added. Then hopefully the difference in FUEL REMAINING + (fuel we added) = TOTAL CAPACITY (provided we topped off the tanks).

Thank you!

EDIT: Ok, looking closer the FC-10 will display 2 values.
1. RMNG - Fuel Remaining, this is the amount of fuel remaining and will be adjusted when you ADD(Increase) or REMOVE(Decrease) Fuel in the tanks.
2. USED - This is the FUEL that has been used since POWER UP. So this would the the FUEL used for the CURRENT flight, a count up of the fuel you are using on this flight.

Last edited: