prkaye

Well Known Member
After a lot of hunting, I finally found the fitting I need for my Manifold pressure lines (I need to tee it off to my dynon and to my lightspeed). Problem is, it's McMaster Carr, and they won't sell to Canadians!
I wonder if anybody here would be willing to buy this and mail it up to me in Canada? I'd fully reimburse you for all costs, of course.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#5117k26/=47bi7e

Alternatively, anybody know where in Canada I can order this from? I've not beeen able to find that specific size (1/8"x1/4"x1/8") anywhere except McMaster Carr.

Sources

After a lot of hunting, I finally found the fitting I need for my Manifold pressure lines (I need to tee it off to my dynon and to my lightspeed). Problem is, it's McMaster Carr, and they won't sell to Canadians!
I wonder if anybody here would be willing to buy this and mail it up to me in Canada? I'd fully reimburse you for all costs, of course.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#5117k26/=47bi7e

Alternatively, anybody know where in Canada I can order this from? I've not beeen able to find that specific size (1/8"x1/4"x1/8") anywhere except McMaster Carr.

Phil,
In the automotive world, I've found fittings like that [made of brass] at my local auto parts store. They are made by a company called Edelman, a division of Plews Edelman. See

http://www.plews-edelmann.com/index.cfm?location_id=2516

The style of fitting you need is called a barbed hose reducing tee. I suspect that someone who installs or repairs refrigerators [with built in ice makers and in the door cold water] will have the type of fitting you need. You might want to check with your local appliance parts supply house or a good auto parts store.
Charlie Kuss

My local autoparts store carries a wide variety of these style fittings. Typically they are in the section for the vacuum system.

If you are set on using the MCmaster Carr fitting...

I will be happy to purchase the 10 pack and mail it to you. Let me know. you can pm me or email me at engelienw at comcast dot net.

Gimme a shout next week. We routinely buy stuff from McMaster and we can just send it up North with your next order of goodies!

Cheers,
Stein

Phil
I purchase almost all that type of Hardware from Car Quest. They may not have that exact fitting but usually you can come up with something that works.

Check out Home Depot or Lowe's

The aircraft.... er, plumbing aisle has some of those same fittings for the drip irrigation systems used to water your potted plants. I used the black rubber hose and plastic fittings to plumb my manifold pressure sender. It has worked well for over 700 hours!

Thanks guys. I have checked out some local places, and have not had success. US Plastics (mentioned above) does not appear to have any reducing tee fitting with the specific size combination I need (one 1/4" and two 1/8").
There are a couple more local places I'm going to try in a couple of weeks when i get back from a business trip. If that still fails, I will take one of you up on your offer to send me the part.
It's hard enough finding time to build without having to waste days driving around the city looking for esoteric parts ;)
Thanks again!