Capflyer

Well Known Member
Has anyone used the Approach Systems Fast Stack Hub? How was the installation and performance?

Anyone have any information on them other than their adds?

Approach Systems

I have the Approach Systems Pro G hub. I am about 3 weeks to a month out from flying. Installation was a piece of cake. The biggest PITA is the audio panel harness because of the many leads that still need terminating, music, audio, etc... Still better than a raw harness. The rest are very simple, power, ground, lighting.

The hub has saved lots of hours and is a very clean installation. The Approach Systems people are great to work with. Use it with confidence.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

[
43019401faststackmounted0hh.jpg

43037808approachsyslookingup2v.jpg

510277440927050361ji.jpg

7A-- not flying yet. FWIW.

Approach Systems Hub

Go with the hub, you won't regret it! Got the Pro-G in my plane also. After seeing my installation, two other guys on the field who'd been flying thier airplanes for several years went to the trouble to rewire thier avionics stacks. In both cases, it solved minor nagging problems they'd been having with thier radios. Good product and good people.
Now, if you'd asked about the EXP Bus.......
Bill Waters
RV8
Flying since June!

Hub and EXp

Now, if you'd asked about the EXP Bus.......
Bill Waters
RV8
Flying since June![/QUOTE]

I agree on the EXP bus. I had to send mine back in to have the Avionics buss poly breakers upgraded in Amps because of some of my equipment. They said they are going to up the amps on some of the breakers. I like it but if I had to do it again I'd go with conventional switches and breakers. The EXP creates some limitations.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

From what I've read, if you never change your avionics, it's more cost effective to get a harness made by Stark, Stein, or others (assuming you don't want to wire it yourself). If you ever plan or even think you'll make changes in the future, the Approach hub will pay for itself.

Mark,

Did you polish your rudder pedal tubes? They look the normal white in the first picture, but polished in the third.

Dave