RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I am at the stage of starting the process with good sucsess. First step is a registration, I sent my paperwork to the FAA via FedEx. The paperwork was delivered there Friday and the information was entered into the database on Monday! I bet the paper registration arrives this week.

N-800ME is now an RV-8A built by me. Interesting note, even though you fill out a year of manufacture on the forms, that was not input into the database (at least not so far). Of course all the airworthy information is blank.

Now a visit to the tax man :mad:

Congrats!

Mike, glad you hit another milestone--shouldn't be much longer before you're ready for maiden flight--way to go!:D

Steve
Skyking902001
RV-8 fuse

Interesting note, even though you fill out a year of manufacture on the forms, that was not input into the database (at least not so far). Of course all the airworthy information is blank.

The official date of manufacturer is the date of the airworthiness certificate issuance.

BTW, the "electronic" registration is sufficient for the inspector to issue the airworthiness certificate.
The paper registration must be in the aircraft for legal flight.

Last edited:
Good info

The official date of manufacturer is the date of the airworthiness certificate issuance
BTW, the "electronic" registration is sufficient for the inspector to issue the airworthiness certificate.
The paper registration must be in the aircraft for legal flight.

That is good info for someone who needs things expidited, but for me I have a few months to go. I am following the EAA guide and starting 120 day before I think I will be ready. I am wasting some good build time this week to attend SnF for a couple days.

For you RV8 guys flying there I will be the bald guy checking out your windscreen fairings!

Cheers

so how long did it take to get back you registration from the FAA. I mailed my, snail mail, last week. nothing in the database yet.

Week

I believe I had the paper copy the next week after I saw it posted on the electronic database.

so how long did it take to get back you registration from the FAA. I mailed my, snail mail, last week. nothing in the database yet.

Ryan, I went through this in April. It took 6 days total from the day I dropped it in the mail until it was in the database. Paper registration arrived maybe 4 or 5 days after that.