Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
Has the extension date of flight training been extended from Jan 31, 2010 deadline.

The current rule reads from what I saw from the FAA web site is:
FAR 91.319.(e)(2). Conduct flight training in an aircraft which that person provides prior to January 31,2010

I hope so... There for I can get checked out in someone else RV 7

Smilin' Jack

To flesh out what Andy said, here's the complete regulation you are referring to:

(e) No person may operate an aircraft that is issued an experimental certificate under ?21.191(i) of this chapter for compensation or hire, except a person may operate an aircraft issued an experimental certificate under ?21.191(i)(1) for compensation or hire to?

(1) Tow a glider that is a light-sport aircraft or unpowered ultralight vehicle in accordance with ?91.309; or

(2) Conduct flight training in an aircraft which that person provides prior to January 31, 2010.

Notice the reference to "aircraft issued an experimental certificate under ?21.191(i)(1)" This is referring specifically to aircraft that were converted to Experimental Light-Sport category. It has nothing to do with RV aircraft, which are experimental amateur-built aircraft certificated under ?21.191(g).

confused---again!

so---what about those of us that are planning on building AND learning to fly in our own RV's?? I'm sure that there are several of us here??
Tom

Who provides the experimental aircraft?

You will be providing the aircraft for free, no compensation or hire involved. The flight instructor will only be charging for his/her time in your aircraft. Totally legal that way.

J.B.

What it means is that you can receive instruction (primary, IFR etc.) in your own E-AB certified plane-- No PPL, no problem, go hire a willing CFI and go fly. A CFI with a LODA, on the other hand, can provide transition training and charge for it (and IIRC transition training only -- no primary instruction or additional ratings) in their own E-AB certified plane.

Received my LODA this week from the Reno FSDO

Guys: Just received my signed LODA package for RV nose gear transition training from the Reno FSDO. Took about 3 week from time of submission to final. So the newest RVA transition instructor in Reno NV is me. If you have any questions on my LODA package experience, please fill free to ask. Dan

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys: Just received my signed LODA package for RV nose gear transition training from the Reno FSDO. --- So the newest RVA transition instructor in Reno NV is me.

Dan

Good to hear of your "promotion":rolleyes: