Sunriver Ken

Well Known Member
My Falcon Turn Coordinator is Tango Uniform (not working properly) and I would like to get it rebuilt. I contacted a rebuild company in Witchita, KS and they said they could not rebuild it becasue they are a certified repair facility and cannot work on non-certified instruments.

Understanding that not all people like or will do a rebuild on their avionics, what companies have you used for rebuilds of non-certified gyro instruments and were you satisfied with their service?

Not worth rebuilding

Ken,
The instrument is not worth rebuilding just replace it with a good one.I opened mine two years ago it was frozen, rocked "jim balls" and it started working. I installed it for the purpose of not forgetting to turn off Master Switch honestly. :D It still produces a high pitch noise when a little g is applied or aicraft accelerates to 160 kts. Will be discarded during upgrade.

Last edited:
My Falcon TC lasted for under 275 hours.
I was planning on replacing the TC with an autopilot
sometime but have not seen the need for one.

I am looking at theTrutrak T&B and MGL-Single
but may wait until spring when the new
Gemini ADI should have been in service for a while.
(I'm waiting for a pilot report on the Gemini.)
At that time, I should have a better idea of what
to purchase. I agree with Vlad and have not
considered putting any more money into the Falcon.

Tom

Falcon T.C.

My Falcon Turn Coordinator failed at just under 300 hours and I returned it to Falcon, also called Wultrad, for repair. I don't know currant replacement cost but I paid about $275 in about 2002 and about three years ago the repair was something like $250. I believe they just sent me another new unit rather than repairing the old but it was all done rather promptly. No other shop will touch any Falcon gauge.

Dick DeCramer
RV6 N500DD
RV8 Fuselage almost finished
Northfield, MN

Pictorial TC

Thanks guys. I think I may just go with the TruTrak pictorial turn coordinator. It is a direct replacement and eliminates the gyro with their problem bearings. Replacement for my Falcon (10 years and 377 hours) would be $365. TT is about $550.