jlfernan

Well Known Member
I'm getting ready to start building my panel but have a limited budget(Wife) and am not planning on a glass cockpit. I prefer steam. I want go with an electric AI. Falcon has one along with other instruments with very decent prices. Unfortunately I keep reading bad things about Falcon. I would like to hear from people that have had good experiences with Falcon.

I bought Falcon altimeter and airspeed guages at the suggestion of a major, well known avionics shop as a reliable alternative to United - said they rarely had problems with them. I have had no problems with them and you can't tell the difference from United.

However, they did mention a high number of problems with the electric gyros from Falcon, and suggested I stay away from them...

Falcon

Although not a flight instrument, I had a digital timer from them and went through 3. Never got it to power up. Swapped out for Flight Data Systems GT-50 and it fired right up. I'm not a happy Falcon customer.

Jim

I saved $800 on a Falcon electric gyro. It went TU after 2 hrs of use.

So as it turns out I wasted $1100.

I will be replacing it with an RC Allen ot Tru Trak.

I am hoping to replace my steam guages with a EFIS in my RV-6A between now and Christmas. I will be selling a vacuum pump for Lycoming,hoses, vacuum regulator,fittings,attitude indicator, directional gyro,vacuum guage and all hoses. I will also have a VVI.

Everything is working great.Come fly it and see it work if you want to. I have flown actual IFR with it several times.

I'd like $700 for it all. If you are interested, send check to:

Vern Darley
P.O.Box 2526
Peachtree City,GA 30269
cell 770 310-7169

Falcon Gauge failures

In less than two hundred hours, I have replaced the Falcon altimeter twice, and the ASI reads 15% high. But Falcon is a lot cheaper than good gauges.
Leland