szicree

Well Known Member
I'm in the process of doing the fiberglass fairings on my 4 and am seeing that things are different than what I've seen on most other RV's. On mine it's supposed to have a little fiberglass fillet fairing on the underside of the h-stab, but I've seen pics of 7's with just a little flat strip of alum attached to the fuse instead. Anybody doing this on 4's? Similarly, I'd like to run the plain old wraparound strip on my wing roots and am wondering if this is acceptable on a 4? Thanks.

Steve "itchy arms" Zicree

Gidday, seems like I have something to say on lots today! (Mostly the older 'vintage' -4. I must be getting old...). -4s were shipped with f'glass root tail fairings, top and bottom, and f'glass fillet around LE of wing/fuse junction. These mostly sort-of fitted... A change was made to flat wrap fairings on the wing, which is what is commonly seen today. You can do this on the -4, if you plan ahead early enough. The front wing/fuel tank to fuselage connection will get in the way of a flat wrap fairing unless the large bit of angle that forms the fuse bracket is turned around so the foot faces aft. Unless you have done this you will be better off sticking to the large radius fillet fairing. The fillet looks nicer anyhow.

Cheers