jjconstant

Well Known Member
I'm still fighting high oil temperatures and moderately high CHT's. My definitions for higher temps than I want are: 85 degree ground temps, giving 5 rides in an hour and a half, climbout on the way home 3 out of 4 CHTs were between 400 and 410 (high but O.K.) but oil temperature reached 230. Once I leveled off, all CHTs came down below 400 and oil temp settled at 213. I have never been able to see oil temps below 200 after the oil was warm, not matter what the OAT has been. I would like to be able to not worry about temps on climb out. I will be checking the oil temp gauge and flow to the cooler again.

A very experienced builder suggested that I fair in the lower edge of the firewall, where the exhaust exits and to fair all the tubing in front of the exit, to smooth the airflow and increase the cooling pressure differential. I have a 7A and the mess of tubing for the engine mount and nosegear is a bit imposing to consider fairing it somehow.Anybody done this and noticed a difference in temps? Any pictures?

Thanks

Jeremy