HIIFLY

Well Known Member
I'm not sure where to post this so if it needs bumped please do so .

I need a FWD facing for my Lyc. IO 360B1E to use on my RV-8 Project .

A very good friend of mine has one that he handed me and said to pay what ever it is worth ???? It is just the bare sump no tubes and empty . I would like to be fair to him , and me , so my question is , what would be a " Fair Price for it " ???? :confused:

I bought a yellow tagged bare sump for my O-320 so that I could move the carb forward to clear my nose gear. It was in beautiful shape. It was obviously cleaned, inspected, and painted. I think I paid $100 which I thought was a screaming deal. This was about 3 years back.

Apples to Oranges comparison

I bought a yellow tagged bare sump for my O-320 so that I could move the carb forward to clear my nose gear. It was in beautiful shape. It was obviously cleaned, inspected, and painted. I think I paid $100 which I thought was a screaming deal. This was about 3 years back.

Kelly,
Used part availability for carburetor, vertical sumps is much greater than for horizontal fuel injected sumps. I recently purchased the type of sump he wants. It needed some repairs, as I had to machine an over-sized steel sleeve for one intake tube. I paid $600 for it and felt that was an excellent [better than fair] deal.
I sump in good shape should fetch $700 to $800 from a wrecking yard. It's hard to find "just" the sump, as most yards sell the sump in combination with the intake tubes for $1000 to $1100.

Charlie Kuss