Pete P

Hi Everyone,

I purchased 3 Facet Fuel Pumps new back in 2007 these are the 40108 with the 3/8 male fittings either side. After installing them, wiring etc I have just got around to testing the flow rate before moving on to another part of the project. Believe it or not I cannot get any of them to pump fuel, I can hear them ticking so I know the electrical side is working are are drawing around 0.57 Amps each (if you reverse the polarity nothing is heard). I have fed fuel in the inlet port ranging from level and up to 12 inch head pressure directly into the inlet port but it will dribble out due to gravity but turning the power on and off to them makes absolutely no difference to the flow. i have no idea what to do next-i see it as pointless purchasing another one to test its flow if I can't get one of the 3 I have to pump-is there some sort of priming secret to these pumps??

I am open to all suggestions.

Cheers

Pete P

Facet pump not pumping

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your advice-I got it sorted-it ended up being the old workshop battery I was using was sulphated but I figured as I had a battery charger across the terminals as well I would have sufficent power to run the Facet-wrong!!

I should have twigged when I checked the current draw and it was only 0.57 Amps when the specs say it should be 1.2Amps. I guess those sulphided batteries have too much internal resistance to power much at all.

Cheers,

Pete P