Paul Thomas

Well Known Member
I'm pretty bad at taking construction picture, even worse at getting them on a computer. I never used the social networking websites, but thought they might help since everyone has to share their entire life with the world :p

I signed up for Facebook, downloaded the app on my iPhone. I can now take the picture in the shop and upload it to Facebook immediately. Hopefully I'll get in the habit of posting pictures and this post helps others facing the same problem.

You can also buy a wifi SD card for your camera. As soon as you take a picture it will transfer to your computer. If you are away, as soon as you walk in the door, all your pictures will download to the computer. Cool technology!

I like the kitlog software. If you ever lost your database (which can easily be backed-up) then the information is still stored on the website. The kitlog admins can hlp you with recovery. Try to get the facebook admins to help you recover lost data - good luck.

FYI, I also have a facebook account, but I don't use it for a build log.

I use FB to share project updates will all of my friends.

Being able to snap photos with the blackberry and instantly upload them is awesome!

I still keep a kitlog website though. It's my formal log.

You can also buy a wifi SD card for your camera. As soon as you take a picture it will transfer to your computer. If you are away, as soon as you walk in the door, all your pictures will download to the computer. Cool technology!
That is cool -- I'll have to look into that.

I don't have a builders log. When I get to systems, I'll write stuff down and take pictures.

I know some builder use facebook to host pictures for their blogs, hopefully that helps them. Putting the pictures online is a plus, I've wondered away from home about something or wanted to show a construction detail to a friend. It's a log without the logging part.

Another option is to use SmugMug.

IMHO opinion they are the best photo hosting/sharing site, but they do cost $ and quality isn't that important if the pictures are from a phone. BUT... they do offer a free app that will upload photos from your photo to your online albums.

EyeFi

EyeFi cards work great. Take the picture with your digital camera and it automatically uploads the photos to your choice of several online sites including Flickr, SmugMug, Facebook, Picassa, and about 24 others.

They also have a free app (if you already own one of their cards), that will upload the pictures you take with your iPhone.