MS19087

Well Known Member
Friend
I have completed my FAB install (IO-320 w/ Vertical updraft). Despite efforts to insure a tight compressed fit of the air filter between the fiberglass housing and the mounting plate, I appear to have 2 slight gaps. They are approx 1/16" - one in front and on in back. Is this an issue? Should I:

a) leave it alone and not worry that a foreign object less than 1/16" could enter . . .
b) apply a bead of Proseal to fill the gap (I know that RTV may have issues of being sucked in - same concern w/ Proseal??)
c) Build a new FAB - I really don't want to do this . . .

Any other solutions I should consider?? As always, your comments are appreciated!!

Pic

Hi Mark. We are just doing up our fab box and built the clips, did the cutting etc to fit well. I cannot speak to your issue, but would suggest you post a couple pics of the issue to get better opinions or comments.
I believe RTV on a spot like this would be a no no as it could get sucked in to the engine but...hopefully some smarter folks will chime in.

shots in the dark without a photo...

could you just build up the gap with some resin? or perhaps cut a slot or two and use a hose clamp to soak up the free play?

Many have had cracks develop in the bottom of the FAB fiberglass, so the previous post's idea to lay some glass in there is a good one.