RatMan

Well Known Member
I'm building the FAB and in the kit there's a 4 inch AL tube but I can't seem to find a reference for it in the drawings. Anyone know where it goes?

I've got the same thing in my FAB O-360 for my 7A , which I'm working on right now. It's for a stand-off for the Adel Clamp that holds the carb heat cable.

BTW. If you haven't figured it out yet, the standard "carb heat" is just the door that closes the forward intake and let's the engine draw air from inside the cowl. I sent a order in on Monday for an upgrade from this guy: http://www.robbinswings.com/

Thanks Rick, I've actually installed the FAB with the press on and figure it out as I go attitude. I looked at the -4 we have on the field and it doesn't have the tube either. Not sure if I'll install it yet. Do you have a pic of yours?

I got the carb heat parts from Robbinswings but I've run in to an issue that I can't quite figure out.

I mounted the hinge 1" aft of the forward edge as specified in Van's instructions. After mounting the hinge, I only have about 3/16's of material forward of the hinge which barely gives enough edge distance to install the top seal with the pop rivets. Putting the carb heat intake on would partially cover the pop rivets. Not good for future maintenance.

Has any one else run in to this issue and come up with a good solution? What about putting the seal on the cowl intake tube?