bubba

This is a vertical induction IO 360. I have a linkage that is hitting the FAB plate. I have made a spacer. Could someone post pictures using a spacer, with details? Or if another solution is available please let me know. The kit from Van has an insert. If I use insert, I will need to notch the filter.

When I speak of a spacer I mean between the FAB plate and fuel injector.

Please advise
Thanks
Bubba

Last edited:
You mean like this?
2ewmk9i.jpg

yes, thank you, but when I put it together ,the insert rubs against the filter. did yours do the same. I looks like you will have to cut some of the filter away.

bubba

I think that you are correct Bubba - you would potentially need to modify the filter as well. The alternative is to send your fuel servo back to Precision for a modification that puts the mixture handle "up". This is not as simple as repositioning the lever, as it changes the direction of rotation (so forward/reverse and lean/rich would be reversed), so it has to be set up by the Fuel Injection guys.

So it's a case of wait for a modified servo but have an easy installation, or modify the air box and filter. Either works.

Paul

Its in the plans about notching the filter, but wait until the box is done with the aluminum dish. You might only have to slice a little top rubber off with a razor.

Linkage offset choices

On the Bendix I had the same problem. Called a shop and found out there are several choices for the linkage with different amounts of arm offset.

I was able to make a trade with the shop for an arm with enough lateral offset to clear the filter via trimming the insert.

JD

I think that you are correct Bubba - you would potentially need to modify the filter as well. The alternative is to send your fuel servo back to Precision for a modification that puts the mixture handle "up". This is not as simple as repositioning the lever, as it changes the direction of rotation (so forward/reverse and lean/rich would be reversed), so it has to be set up by the Fuel Injection guys.

So it's a case of wait for a modified servo but have an easy installation, or modify the air box and filter. Either works.

Paul
Thank you for your imput. Please check for another problem in the forum.