John RV-6

Does anyone know the name of the company that will assist with the Faa Registration process, I thought I read something on the forums before that a company will complete the process in one week for $150. Thanks John

AIC title

There was a discussion a while ago.
Quoting Vonjet

AIC Title
Use AIC title in OK and you will have your Registration in less than a week. They had my temporary registration letter in 2 days and I got the actual card in the mail a week later. It cost me $130 total. Done deal.

There was a discussion a while ago.
Quoting Vonjet

AIC Title
Use AIC title in OK and you will have your Registration in less than a week. They had my temporary registration letter in 2 days and I got the actual card in the mail a week later. It cost me $130 total. Done deal.
I bought the registration pack that EAA sells. It had all of the forms to register the plane and to get the airworthiness inspection. Also included was a guide showing how to fill out the forms. Simply filled out the registration forms and sent them to Oklahoma City along with the Bill of Sale from Van's and five dollars. Got my registration back in LESS than two weeks. IMHO no need to pay someone to do what you can do in less than an hours work plus a trip to your local Notary Public to get one of the forms signed by a Notary.

Last edited:
I did the same

I bought the registration pack that EAA sells. It had all of the forms to register the plane and to get the airworthiness inspection. Also included was a guide showing how to fill out the forms. Simply filed out the registration forms and sent them to Oklahoma City along with the Bill of Sale from Van's and five dollars. Got my registration back in LESS than two weeks. IMHO no need to pay someone to do what you can do in less than an hours work plus a trip to your local Notary Public to get one of the forms signed by a Norary.

and results were as you said - in two weeks I had registration in the mail.

OP probably needs paperwork done faster than two weeks.

Be advised that the only thing the title companies can do for you to expedite your registration is get it into the system faster. Mail sent directly to the Aircraft Registration Branch (AFS-750) goes through the FAA/government mail handling process so it takes a few days just to get your application on someone's desk. The title companies get the mail and hand deliver it to AFS-750, so it will get on someone's desk faster, but once in the "system" your application is handled just like everyone else's.

So if a few days is worth the extra cost, go ahead and use a title service to make your registration application. But if you do a good job of filling out your paperwork and get it in the mail promptly you should have your registration processed pretty quickly anyway.

Your choice!

Cheers!

Joe

Less than 2 weeks with FAA

I just got mine back in less than two weeks without using an independent helper - and I forgot to include the $5 in the initial mailing. I had to follow up with a second apologetic letter and the check:) - and the whole process still only took 13 days - Monday to a week Saturday. Kudos to the FAA.

The government can be efficient when they want. Case in point - a letter from the VT Dept. of Taxes arrived with the same post as my registration certificate saying that I had just registered an aircraft and owed them a "to be determined" amount in personal property tax.:(

Jim Sharkey

Last edited:
I've cut and pasted my reply from a previous discussion of getting registration done quickly. (The post references the Kansas City FSDO because that's where the question originated - you should use your local FSDO). No reason to spend $150 when the only "real" work you have to do is get a couple of documents filled out and mailed in with a check for $5.

-snip-
OK, if you want to get your documents rolling, here's how to do it fast and easy. This is the entire process that I followed and I was done in less than a week!

1) Go to the Kansas City FSDO website here ...
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/ , find the link to "email the office" or "submit customer feedback" and simply request that they send you a hard copy of 8050-1. (You can't use a copy - it must be the original/in triplicate with carbon paper attached). Include your name and address. It will show up in the mail!
2) Call Van's, let them know you are preparing to register your airplane - They will ask for your builder number and what name/names/corporation you want on the certificate of ownership. Names are important because your registration is going to show exactly what you tell Van's to put on the Certificate of Ownership. They know exactly what you need to make the FAA happy. I think they've done this about 6000 times! They will prepare and mail it to you free of charge.
3) Download 8050-88 from here...
http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...aircraft_registry/faa_customer_service_forms/ , fill it out and have it notarized.
4) If you've reserved an N-number, make a photocopy of the letter the FAA sent you with your reserved N-number.
4 1/2) Include a check for $5.
5) Write up a nice letter to the FAA stating that you want your plane registered, include the items above, Send it to

FAA Aircraft Registration Branch, AFS-750
P.O. Box 25504
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0504

and you're in business!

BTW - make sure that you read the fine print when you fill out the 8050-1 (the carbon paper triplicate form. The biggest reason for the registration process taking too long is that EVERYONE forgets to PRINT their name in the same block that they SIGN their name!

Good luck!
Arlington, WA

Last edited: