mturnerb

Well Known Member
This is a dumb one I'm sure:

I just received my FAA Registration in the mail - given that it's just a piece of cardboard and I like to laminate items I keep in the aircraft, is it acceptable to keep the original at home (since it has a "change" form on the back I may want to use some day), and have a laminated copy in the airplane?

This is a dumb one I'm sure:
I just received my FAA Registration in the mail - given that it's just a piece of cardboard and I like to laminate items I keep in the aircraft, is it acceptable to keep the original at home (since it has a "change" form on the back I may want to use some day), and have a laminated copy in the airplane?

You need to have the original in the aircraft!

even worse, stupid gov't tricks...

local FBO was dinged by FAA inspector because they had laminated their registrations and AW certificates. Inspector claimed it was an "alteration" and therefore illegal. He made them apply for new ones.

local FBO was dinged by FAA inspector because they had laminated their registrations and AW certificates. Inspector claimed it was an "alteration" and therefore illegal. He made them apply for new ones.

Not only not prohibited, but a stupid thing for a supposed professional to even be discussing in the first place.