GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
I have a 3rd class medical that expires the end of this month. Business issues will necessitate canceling the appointment, I won't be able to reschedule until the 2nd week of April. Are there any issues with letting the medical lapse, other than not being able to act as PIC for the first 2 weeks of April?

Just want to be sure I'm not opening a can of worms by letting it lapse.

Thanks,
Gary

N715AB RV-7A

No problem whatsoever. Over the past 25 years I've let mine lapse multiple times -- just renewed when I was ready to fly again and never had an issue.

I let mine lapse every 2years. I get it very early the following month. That way, I effectively get 25 months.
I do the same with my annual condition inspection. I do it the last 2 days of the month, completing it the first day of the following month.

that is a great idea.

never thought of doing that with the medical because i fly to spruce creek and get it done there in may.
i heard there is a more complicated medical form used now. any info on that?

I had my 3rd class medical...

done by Dr. Robert Kurrle last November at Spruce Creek. I don't recall there being any major difference in the forms... He has done my last two medicals, and I am very pleased with his service, personality, and flexibility for appointments. His phone is 386-322-9030.

Chris

never thought of doing that with the medical because i fly to spruce creek and get it done there in may.
i heard there is a more complicated medical form used now. any info on that?

Same old form... I keep copies of all my medical forms from day one some 20++ years ago. :)