wltrmtty

I got my third Class physical this week and was told by the Flight Surgeon that pilots no longer get a wallet size printed Medical Certificate. It's all on line, now.

Last edited:
I got my third Class physical this week and was told by the Flight Surgeon that pilots no longer get a wallet size printed Medical Certificate. It's all on line, now.

I think that's not quite right - you are still required to carry a medical certificate. When I did my medical in November, I got a temp cert from the Doc and the "real" thing showed up in the mail a few weeks later.

I took my most recent medical last month and walked out with the certificate in my wallet.

FAA Medical paperwork now online?

All the "paperwork" is no longer paper, it is all online. I'll bet that is what your AME was talking about. You still get a paper certificate and are still required to carry it with you while operating your airplane.

Medical renewal

My understanding is the FAA is doing away with the multi-copy hard form you fill out for the MD, that the renewal application is going to all on-line.

My understanding is the FAA is doing away with the multi-copy hard form you fill out for the MD, that the renewal application is going to all on-line.

The paper form went away in October 2012, all applications are now via the FAA's MedXpress online form. I found it to be a smooth process and easier than filling out the form in the doc's office. Still have the paper certificate for the wallet, however.

Last edited: