LAMPSguy

Well Known Member
I got the letter today from the FAA (as well as a box of tools from Brown).

N144US is mine...Fourteen Four US

Aha, yes, the 14 number series begins:D

Congrats on getting one of the prime ones. I was way too late to get a "104xx"

Last edited:
It's a good thing airliners don't live forever. N144US used to be a DC-10-40 operated by Northwest Airlines (which I spent many hours working on). It's probably beer cans, now, or...part of your RV-14 kit!

Recycling

Thats one cool thing about recycling...I am now shaving with a submarine I was stationed on in the mid 90's.

Heck, for $10 I got one too . . .

N914MS

I can dream can't I? May cost me $50 or $60 before I use it or let it expire . . . ;)

And N522JS is mine! It's already cost me about $50, but I'll keep on paying at least another few years.

FAA makes money!

Funny how we do that registration thing, and just pay money.

I started with 454db (for 1954 Dave Boeshaar)
and when I actually started to build, my brother in law was my partner (He taught me auto mechanics) so we now have N18TD January 8th Tom and Dave

I hope the FAA is using my money wisely!

Dkb

It'll be nice to see that number on a nice airplane like an RV14 (I too have some experience with it's previous mount)! Anyone with any time working on the -40 DC10's knows what a peach they were......

Your RV14 will likely prove to be the opposite of that previous bird in almost every way; but it'll take you ahwile to put the miles on which that N number previously has traveled! :)

Cheers,
Stein