Blain

Well Known Member
So I'm getting close to inspection time. Read the horror stories about the length of time to get the registration processed. I ordered the EAA registration kit. Which, by the way, is free if you think of the cute little data plate as worth the $19.

Completed all required doc's and mailed to FAA on June 14th. June 20th I receive a call from a very nice lady who had a question about how I wanted it registered. I added my wife on title but didn't list her on the affidavit. She told me what form to use and to mail it back. ( I did overnight the form) She would hold my registration at her desk. And, she says "You EAB guys are always in a hurry. If you give me a fax number I'll send you back a temporary"

Guess what I got in my fax on June 23rd? Next stop....DAR.

Congrats!

It is always nice when you find a government employee that seems to care and/or understand your perspectives/needs. In this case, I am sure it was that disposition that got her tossed out of the FAA Medical division. :D

Larry

Yeah, I think the registration branch is on their game. I sent my registration in on Monday (from NC) and got it back on Friday, This is by snail mail mind you, I was shocked it happened so fast.

Wish I could say the same here in Canada. They received my application on April 21 and still a no show. Called them a week and a half ago and they were filling applications they received on April 12 that day. My day should be soon now. She said they were 8 weeks behind.

Passport office has their act together, also. Two week turnaround (!).

Maybe low demand these days :eek:

I got my registration rather quickly via mail. No complaints so far for the FAA, the ADSB reports are very quick arriving, or so I heard.

Another props to FAA. I flew first flight yesterday with new ADS-B transponder. Requested a report at 3PM yesterday by email. Response in my email inbox this morning at 6:48 AM.

That's service!