More was posted yesterday....all of this is good news. Still hoping for the exemption to go thru however!

I just have a minute...literally going to the car.

CACI (conditions that AMEs can issue). It is a new program to allow AMEs to issue certificates at the time of the exam by following a checklist for many problems that used to take a special issuance (and delay it until weeks or months later). We pitched it to the FAA several months ago and to their credit have gotten it to the street pretty darned quick. It will not only help the airman getting the CACI but should reduce the backlog for everyone else because there will be fewer for the FAA staff to handle.

Got to go. I'd be glad to answer any other questions either from the airport or when I get to LAL....between vendor stops!

John

I found this online:

http://www.aopa.org/advocacy/articles/2013/130411faa-publishes-changes-to-special-issuance-medical.html?CMP=News:S1T

This is also good news:

"This program follows another recent change to FAA policy regarding certain cardiac conditions. Just recently, the FAA announced that the recovery and stabilization period after coronary artery stenting was reduced from six months to three months, another positive step toward getting pilots back in the air sooner after successful treatment for serious medical conditions. Those changes are already in effect, and will be published soon in the ?Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners.?"