David-aviator

Well Known Member
I've been checking every day or so to see if the early Dec request for an N number would be reserved (or what)? It had been de-registered from a Piper sometime in the past.

Well, today's inquiry revealed it has been reserved - to me. :)

The RV-8 will be N37DD. Easy to say and remember, at least for me. The 37 doesn't mean anything, I just like low numbers, I'd take any single number that came up and will be looking.

So if you come across a number you like and it is not assigned, go for it!

I made a quick flight to Oxnard tonight and heard "Seven Whiskey Whiskey" on frequency. "Seven Delta Delta" sounds just as good :D Rosie

roger that. just received notice of future n# reservations 46ED & 66ED. keep on flying.

roger that. just received notice of future n# reservations 46ED & 66ED. keep on flying.

With the right font, 46ED would look like AGED. Might be good, might be not... :)

Reminds me of a photo of N54NE that I saw somewhere... Looked like INSANE on the side of the fuselage.

I've been checking every day or so to see if the early Dec request for an N number would be reserved (or what)? It had been de-registered from a Piper sometime in the past.

Well, today's inquiry revealed it has been reserved - to me. :)

The RV-8 will be N37DD. Easy to say and remember, at least for me. The 37 doesn't mean anything, I just like low numbers, I'd take any single number that came up and will be looking.

So if you come across a number you like and it is not assigned, go for it!

You inspired me to check this morning.
Another de-registered Piper released N20DL. I'm not sure I'll use it but thought I'd get it while it's available.

Last edited:
Fun with N-numbers

There is one number that I would love, but it is taken. November-one-Charlie-Echo. You may have to write it out.

I used to have Cessna N6112T on a controlled field. A friend had Cessna N7112T on the same field. We talked about flying pattern practice together just to taunt the tower. He wrecked his plane before we had a chance to do it.

A few years ago I had both my RV's at the same controlled field and had a friend who flew one of them. One was Exp. N83SB and the other was Exp. N183SB. That kept the tower on their toes on a busy afternoon.

Steve Barnes "The Builders Coach"