apatti

Well Known Member
All,

I am having trouble figuring out the orientation for the F805E rudder cable support. DWG25 section G-G shows the 805E mounted to the aft side of F805B. However, also shown on the aft side is K1000-08 platenut. The directions say the 805E is mounted with a single 8R8 screw. However, there are holes in the 805E for the rivets that will hold the platenut in place. So, I am all confused. :confused:

A) does the 805E rudder cable support need to be removeable and thus should only be secured with the screw? If so, why the holes for the platenut?

B) If it is only to be secured by the screw, I assume the platenut is best mounted on the aft side of 805B and the 805E support on the forward side of 805B. Although, it probably doesn't really matter much.

Thanks for any assistance.

F-805E

Tony,

Although I am far from that point, a quick look at the plans makes it look to me like the F-805E should have the platenut installed on the aft side using flush-head rivets from the front. That will allow the front face of F-805E to sit flush against the aft face of F-805B. A hole drilled in the correct location on F-805B and a #8 screw will then secure the cable support to F-805B.

The cable support (F-805E) should be moveable/removeable and should have the platenut on its aft side. That's what it looks like from this end.

Jeff,
Thanks, that makes sense. I don't know why that just didn't register in my mind. It seems so simple now. :eek: