RV9Otter

I have about 60 hours on my RV9A and the fuel pressure indication is suddenly showing zero. I have the GRT model 4000 EIS and the GRT Horizon EFIS's and in the upper left hand corner of the EFIS, F-PSI reads 0. I'm pretty certain that the fuel pressure, both from the engine fuel pump and the boost pumps are normal. The IO320 is operating normally and I'm told that if there were really no fuel pressure, the fuel injection system would not function and the engine would not run.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the MSP-300-100-P-4-A-1 high pressure sensor malfunctioning, but, and wondering if I am on the right track or not.

Is there a quick way of testing this sensor as it is installed? One person suggested that if I disconnect one wire from the sensor (not an easy thing to do) that the reading at the EFIS should be very high, not zero. Not sure what this would tell me though.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Unless I learn something that leads me elsewhere, I'm thinking the least expensive thing to try first is a new high pressure sensor.

Regards,

Curt

Vic Syracuse Solved Issue

Still working a few kinks out of a newly acquired RV9A. Finally gave up on trying to solve the lack of a fuel pressure reading on EIS and GRT EFIS and took the plane to Vic today. He figured out that the incorrect voltage port from the EIS to the fuel pressure sensor was being used, the one that supplies 4.8 volts instead of the correct port that supplies 12 volts. Re-wired with the correct 12 volts supplied from the EIS to the sensor, calibrated the sensor in the EIS, and, like magic, fuel pressure displayed through EIS and GRT EFIS just as it is supposed to work.

Curt