dweyant

Well Known Member
I probably need to call Vans, but since it is Sunday I'll ask the brain trust :)

Just pulled out the seat floors to see how they fit and noticed I do not have the F-939/F-940, I have the F-739/F-740.

The 739/740 do not seem to fit on my 9, and the plans show that I should be using 939/940. Did I get the wrong parts in my Fuse kit?

Thanks,

-Dan

I will have to double check tomorrow, but I had the exact same thing happen with those exact same parts. I called vans and they shipped me the correct parts.

Dan,
I would have assumed that the parts are the same. We have all been told that the 7 and 9 are the same fuse with very little differences.
There are a ton of parts that are shown on the plans as F-7?? or F-9?? and they are actually the opposite. There are even a few F-6?? parts on the RV-9.
If you would, let us know what the differences are if you can tell putting them side by side.
Thanks,

Dan,
I would have assumed that the parts are the same. We have all been told that the 7 and 9 are the same fuse with very little differences.
There are a ton of parts that are shown on the plans as F-7?? or F-9?? and they are actually the opposite. There are even a few F-6?? parts on the RV-9.
If you would, let us know what the differences are if you can tell putting them side by side.
Thanks,

They are very similar, but not the same...

The bend on the parts I have are about 1/8 of an inch forward of where they should be for my floor ribs.

Van's said I should have the correct parts by Friday. I'll try to post some pictures of both parts once I get them.

-Dan