mattsmith

Well Known Member
I have been trying to figure this out by looking in a lot of build logs and searching this form, but I cant find a answer to my question. I am trying to install my andar fuel valve bracket and the F-8113A mid cabin covers but the F-898-L Aux Longeron is not cooperating with the install. When I put the mid cabin covers in place and push it flush against the aux longeron it is lifted 1/4 to 3/8 of on inch above the F-8112 mid cabin support. the mid cabin cover has enough flex to be pushed flush to the support but I'm worried about how it will look once the screws are installed, and their is no way the fuel valve bracket will fit tight. the aux longeron is to rigged to bend in place (QB) and the only other solution I can come up with is to make a really long angled shim witch would be really hard since I don't have a mill. Am I missing something here? Did any one els run into this problem and donrt think this is the solution. Any help would be appreciated as I have been betting my head on this for two days now. sorry it is a 8A quick build drawing 68A

Last edited:
I mad a bigger/better fuel valve bracket from scratch (it's basically 4x6" out of .063 (?), and then flexed the cover accordingly. The stock valve bracket will not work with the Andair. My new bracket fits "under" the flanges of the long. and mid cabin brace. I used the existing hole on the longeron, and added a countersunk hole/nutplate to the mid cabin brace to screw the new bracket into place. All is covered by the......cover :)

No pics on this computer, sorry.

Joe

Last edited:
here are some pics, I think first atempt.
content.php
url]

That didn't work out so well but in the one pic I got to load my hand is holding half of the fuel valve bracket up against the aux longeron and the mid cabin support. is the gap you see there acceptable, it is fuel bracket and aux longeron? I am going to install nut plates on the fuel valve brackets thur the longeron and mid cabin support and when I tighten the screws up with the gap it wont pull the two together Thanks again.