rv8_builder

The auxiliary longeron on DWG 66 doesn't show the center line for the rivets so I e-mailed Van's and was told that it should be midway between the outside of the vertex and the edge of the longeron.

The problem I have is that if I Cleco the longeron in position behind the F-802D-1 Landing Gear Box Plate with the bottom edge flush against the top edge of the F-802S-1 spacer, the line is not centered in the holes.

F844_1.JPG

Am I missing something here or should the center line be moved toward the bottom edge of the longeron by 1/16 :confused:

Andre,
If you mark a centerline on the other side you'll see you will be right on the money!
Mine are the same ... as long as they are not too close to the edge, you're fine.
Continue on :)
My 2 cents.

Centerline

As long as you can see your centerline in the holes as shown in your picture, you'll have plenty of edge distance and the holes will be fine.

Mike

Centerline

Andre,
If you mark a centerline on the other side you'll see you will be right on the money!
Mine are the same ... as long as they are not too close to the edge, you're fine.
Continue on :)
My 2 cents.

I re-marked the centerline midway between the INNER vertex and the outside edge and it is now dead on. :)

F844_3.JPG

As long as you can see your centerline in the holes as shown in your picture, you'll have plenty of edge distance and the holes will be fine.

Mike

.....And there is plenty of edge distance. ;)

Thanks for your help guys :D