DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
Ok, guys, the front seat back has has four angles riveted to it, identified in the plans and in the book as F832C-L-1, F832C-R-1, F832B and F832D. Ain't no such parts in my kit contents, on the packing list or in the box. There are three 4ft lengths of bent .032 angle, aka, AA3-032x3/4x3/4x4.

Is the bent angle for the seats? Is there some parts system to this I'm missing? There are no part dimensions on the plans.

Dan,

You want the upper left hand corner of Drawing 32!

(Yes, you fabricate them out of angle stock.)

Paul

Hey Dan

Seems to me there was a list somewhere of "phantom" parts, which meant you get to make them ;-)

I think it was part of the packing list.

Anyone else remember?

Cheers

rv8bldr said:
Hey Dan
Seems to me there was a list somewhere of "phantom" parts, which meant you get to make them ;-)

I think it was part of the packing list.
Cheers

I never seen a list like that. I lost count a long time ago on the # of parts I made from scratch only to later find it already pre punched out. :mad:

Thanks Paul, and Mark.

Sheet 32 eh? Apparently current QB's don't get a plans sheet 32; it's not on the plans sheet list in the manual, or in the plans stack. Haven't seen a "make your own" list or a phantom substitute parts list either.

Anyway, can you confirm the seat angles are .032 thick x 3/4 wide? Or are they cut from thicker extruded angle? If neither, I can shear and brake anything desired. I just need to know what 'ole Van desired <g>

Front seat is .063x3/4x3/4 top and bottom and .125x1x1 for the sides.

The back seat uses 1 .032 on top (I think).

There is an absolutely outstanding Excel spreadsheet over in the "Files" section of the Yahoo RV-8 group that was put together by Micheldelsol. It lists all of the -8 bits and pieces that need to be fabricated, and which piece of raw stock you should use for each piece. Saved my butt several times during the build - I printed it out and put it in my instructions binder.

Paul

<<Front seat is .063x3/4x3/4 top and bottom and .125x1x1 for the sides.>>

Thanks Briand, that gets 'er done.

<<an absolutely outstanding Excel spreadsheet ...>>

I think I'm gonna owe Paul a beer <g>

Got the spreadsheet from the Yahoo RV-8 files section. Looks like 79 part numbers. If searching the box for each one wasted 15 minutes (only to find there was no such prefab part), this little jewel is worth about 20 hours of build time.

Yep, I owe Paul a beer...and another for Michele Delsol.

I found 3 items on the list that came "prepunched" with my fuse. The list is still great.

The parts are:
F-804K
F-804L (still needs to be drilled to your C-section)
F-804M (still needs to be drilled to your C-section)

All these parts came in a bag but I forgot about them and made em myself.
There are a couple more parts that are on the list that I think come in a bag but I have to dbl. check

You must have the new fuselage

The -1 at the end of part numbers indicates they're from the new matched hole fuselage. One other thing you will notice as that your fuselage drawings start at 60 instead of 30 or so. Be aware that advice you get from people that have built the older version is about their version--not necessarily yours.

Guy