bmurrish

Well Known Member
How can you tell the exact horizontal and verticle positioning of the F-804H Sideplates? My wing spar spacing is adjusted to exactly 1 7/16" according to plans. There is about a total of 3/16" F-804C flanges not covered by the F-804H sideplate. Is this correct or should both sides be flush? Also, how do you determine the verticle position? If you make the top of F-804H sideplate even with the bottom of the upper longeron (remembering it is upsidedown now) the three temporary tack holes line up right on flutes in the F-804C flanges. F-804H was fabricated according to plans and has been tripple checked. Lastly, what is a temporary tack rivet?

I just finished doing the same thing a couple of days ago . The side plate allows a little of each rib to show. I measured from the edge of the flange to the web, made marks of the same distance on the side plate (on both fore and aft ribs) Measuered 7/16 from the mark to determine the centerline of the underlying ribs. Draw a line between the marks that will be visable through the pre punched holes in the skin. For the temp. rivets I countersunk the holes and put in some an426-3-5s.these allow the skin to lay flat on the side plate and are to be drilled out later for all the metal prep etc.
Hope this helps

Paul Tuttle
RV 8 Fuselage